We're looking for a talented software developer to work on all
aspects of our music delivery service: client side SDKs, server side
music ingestion and delivery, analytics collection and reporting, and
everything in between. Your goal will be to help us power
You will start working on whatever aspect of our service you are most
familiar with, and then you'll learn and take part in the rest of it.
Our service is built on Node.js, Apache, PHP, and MySQL. We have implemented
access our music-as-a-service infrastructure. We manage our infrastructure
with Chef and Terraform, and use Jenkins/Git for deployment. We strive for
reliability and simplicity.
At Feed.fm, we believe the best candidates learn quickly, are compassionate
and productive, and are self-motivated.
- 3+ years experience in building production code for iOS, Android or web services.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to collaborate.
- Experience with test driven development.
- Strong desire to ship, receive feedback and improve.
- Ready to take responsibility for production systems.
- Able to work in our downtown San Francisco office (Powell and Market)
- Ops experience with Linux and cloud service providers (AWS, Digital Ocean).
- Past experience with server or client side audio processing
- Past experience implementing or working with music-related applications
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Experience with storing, processing, and reporting analytics
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
- Working with a talented team and having a huge impact!
- Work in the heart of San Francisco.
- We're providing music for companies you and your friends know: FitBit,
American Eagle Outfitters, Charlotte Russe, The Golden State Warriors.
- We're building a real company that generates value and pays artists.
- Have a hand in all aspects of a growing service provider.
- Experienced, down-to-earth, coworkers and investors.
If this sounds good to you, send us the following 3 things in an email to
- A link to or a copy of your resume, LinkedIn page, or similar
- Links to anything else you'd like us to see (GitHub page, blog, past project)
- To demonstrate that you're serious, please answer just one of these questions:
- How do you listen to music, and how would you improve the experience?
- What’s a favorite open-source library or tool? What do you like about it?
- What’s the language you learned most recently but haven’t yet had a chance to use in production? What have you learned from it so far?
Feed.fm values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Feed.fm is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of any characteristic irrelevant to creating great software, including: race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.